As I mentioned on Ian's blog, we went to Ian's performance at The Little Gym and everyone got to sit inside the gym. Normally, parents and siblings have to wait outside and watch through glass. Well, Lia loved it and wanted to climb all over the mats and the equipment. It was tough keeping all of the younger siblings in check while the kids performed. But when they split up into different groups to demonstrate their skills on each apparatus, Lia got a chance to try it out, too.
First, I put her into the circle and she seemed completely unfazed by an older girl jumping in and out of it:
Here, you can get an idea of her Wonder Woman impression. The hair wasn't wild, but imagine her doing this with her hair down and all crazy:
Then we put her on the little balance beam. She's not as fearless as I thought:
But once Jeff took her by the hands, she was happy as a clam:
So now that she has gotten a taste of what it's like inside the gym, when I took her with me to watch Ian this past Saturday and Sunday (he had a make-up class), she watched him intently through the window, then she looked at me, took her two index fingers and jabbed at her chest vehemently, then nodded and tried to get down. I put her down and she went for the door to the gym. She desperately wanted to get in there and jump around with the big kids. One of the teachers laughed and said she thought that was why they did show week -- so that the little ones would get hooked. We'll sign her up soon enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment