Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Father's Day

As I mentioned in Ian's blog, Lia and I were home that morning while Ian went to the Little Gym with Jeff. I waited until the last minute to change her into her going out outfit. She was goofing around, her nose was running, so it was a good thing I waited.

One of her new things is that she likes to sit on the potty. She will point to her butt and say "bee bee, bee bee" or maybe it's "pee pee", but it's hard to tell. That morning she discovered the Presidential doll (still in it's original plastic bag) and decided she wanted to drag it around with her everywhere. She wanted to go on the potty and dragged the doll in there with her, then insisted I pull up the stool so she could put the doll on it while she sat. Here she is playing with my eyeliner and sitting on her throne with Jiu Gong in attendance.

Poor Jiu Gong got knocked around a bit that morning as Lia dragged him all over the house. (Later that evening, Ian saw the doll sitting in the family room and he said, "Hey, that doll looks a little bit like Jiu Gong!")

Then she played with chalk and got it all over her shirt. I cleaned her up and changed her so we would be ready to go out to dim sum when Ian and Jeff got home. (Also note that this is the first time I tried to braid her hair. Originally intended a French braid, but realized I was being a bit too ambitious.) But when we had to wait for Ian to go potty, I set her in the back of the Highlander and this is what she did:


I tried to get more, but this is all I got:


CAN YOU STANDS IT??? This is not something we taught her at all. I don't know where she gets it from. Well, ok, I sort of know. Jeff is a huge ham when there's a camera on and I have a sense of rhythm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your daughter is def def definitely a Latina!!!

Jeff said...

Mommy, you are so mistaken--this has nothing to do with us--I expect abuelita will be claiming full responsibility for this!

Liz said...

I love that Jiu-Gong was in attendance for the potty show.