Friday, July 25, 2008

6-month Check-up

Well, six and a half month. We originally had it scheduled for 6 months, but a last-minute invitation to Westhampton pushed it back. Here's the report:

Height: 27.25 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs, 12 oz (50th percentile)

It's a new doctor, so she's never seen Lia before. Dr. Grace has left the practice because she's a mom of two kids, too, and the schedule was too much for her. The new doctor said that Lia needs to eat more (3 solid meals per day) and put on some more weight. Because she's been having a fever on and off, Lia didn't get any shots yesterday (Jeff manages to escape shot duty once again! Darn!), so I have to bring her back on Monday. She's been doing great with her cereal and veggies, so it's time to start her on fruits and by 8 months she should be eating meats. Last night, she came home from school in a great mood and I sat her down and fed her about 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and half a container of sweet potatoes. After dinner, we let her go on the mat and she is definitely commando-crawling. She can go anywhere she wants to go. I remember Ian had a hard time at first because he would want to go forward, but he would push himself backwards instead, then get really mad. Not Lia. She crawls forward on her belly. Xiao Jiu, aka, "G.I. Jiu", would be proud. maybe we could have him do some basic training with her.

No comments: