Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More teeth!

Little Miss sprouted two more teeth over the weekend. She woke up on Saturday and was in just the foulest mood ever. Cranky, cranky, cranky. Which in her case means ear-splitting screams and wanting to be held at all times. I finally figured it out after Ian and Jeff left for Chinese school -- probably teething pain. Her nose was running like crazy and she seems to get a runny nose every time she gets a tooth. So I managed to squirt some Infant Tylenol in her mouth and within 10 minutes, all was right with the world. Aaaahhhh....

I finally got our little Canon camera so I could take short videos of her. I swear, I never laughed at Ian as much as I laugh at Lia. Ian was cute and adorable and we laughed with him. Lia is a little clown and I laugh AT her. She is growing up so fast and I don't think we've captured her on video as much as we would like. She uses a fork to eat (she's been doing that since February), she's trying to talk, she can ride the little cars we have in the family room, she loves going up the stairs, she loves to talk -- loudly, she loves to eat, she loves to hug and snuggle.

I was talking to another mom at the Little Gym on Sunday while Ian was in class and Lia was running around. After a while, Lia wanted me to pick her up, so I did. Then she grabbed my head and planted a kiss on my mouth -- while I'm still trying to talk. Then she just grabbed my neck and hugged me really hard. I LOVE THAT!

So I went a little video crazy and took a bunch on Sunday. Here she is in her room, playing with her old shoes. She loves playing with shoes.


Way back when, Grandpa and Abuelita bought a rocking horse for Ian. Ian never really took to it and hardly ever got on it. He liked to shake it, but not ride it. Well, Lia loves to ride it. It's in her room and even before we left for Taiwan, she would want to get on it. When we came back, it was one of the first things she headed for. She'd get on it every night when she should have been winding down and getting ready for bed. Then she went to Florida for two weeks and I think she kind of forgot how to get on and off the thing because she was trying to get on and couldn't figure out how to get her leg up and over and started wailing. But she quickly re-learned and is back in the saddle, so to speak (I know, that was awful, but I can't resist a pun).


And the following three videos are of Lia playing with a dish towel. I usually have a couple hanging on the cabinet handles in the kitchen and she swiped one. She walked around and around the island, dragging it behind her, occasionally looking over her shoulder. So serious.

After lunch, she decided that it would look better as a wrap and I saw her walking around the kitchen island with it on her shoulders.

Finally, she took Ian's advice and put it on her head.


After her nap, we we went to the park for a bit, then came home and got ready for dinner. Ian had to go to the bathroom and Lia, of course, followed him in. I heard Ian yell, "Mei Mei is sitting on her potty!" and we went in and saw this:

1 comment:

Anna C. Sheen said...

Shoe fetish already?! Wait'll she's got her first job and spending money on way expensive shoes!