Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lia thinks she owns the place

Every morning, after Lia is diapered and changed, she goes into Ian's room while we wait for him to get dressed. Ian pretty much dresses himself these days and he usually sits on his little red chair (his "thinking chair", a la Blue's Clues). I think it was Sunday morning that I slept in a little and Jeff had changed Lia's diaper and they were all in Ian's room. So I went in and I sat on the red chair. Lia toddled over and pulled my sleeve, yelling, "Uh! Uh! Uh!" and screeching at me. She did NOT want me in that chair. I got up and she promptly crawled up on the chair and sat down, putting her hands on the armrests, as if declaring a victory and marking her territory. She got bored after 10 seconds and got out of the chair to inspect Ian's bookshelves. Ian sat down to put on his pants and socks. Lia turned and was completely outraged that Ian would dare to sit in his chair in his room. She grabbed him and started pulling him off the chair. Seriously, the girl thinks every room in this house belongs to her.

No comments: