Friday, July 10, 2009

Random pictures

Lia is becoming more and more vocal and headstrong (if that's possible). She recently acquired the ability to say the word "no", which I discovered one day when I asked her to put her shoes on and she looked over her shoulder at me and very clearly said, "No." Prior to that, I would get the vehement head shake. She seems to relish the fact that she can enunciate it so clearly now.

She is also very loud. The other night I asked her to go get Ian to come take a bath. I was standing in the doorway of the bathroom and Ian's door is about 2 feet away. She toddles over into his room, crosses the threshhold and yells at the top of her lungs, "GE GE!" Then turned around and marched back to me and looked up at me. Job done.

I have some random photos we've taken over the last few weeks. She was trying to hide under Ian's curtains, which is impossible since they don't go much past the windowsill:
From 2009-06-22 Lia's June photos


Every night, getting her into the bath is a challenge. It used to be that if she saw Ian in there, she would go, too. Not anymore. Sure, if she's in the mood and there is something interesting to do in the bathtub, she goes in willingly. Otherwise, we get her undressed and she tears around, evading our grasp.

From 2009-06-22 Lia's June photos


Ian was doing his business on the potty before getting into the bath, so that's why she actually ran into the bathroom. If you click on the album link and go to the next one, you'll see why. She likes to keep her Ge Ge company.

One thing that she does seem to like to do (usually) is brush her teeth. Credit goes to Daddy for getting her to do it. The first time I tried, she clenched her teeth and screamed with her mouth closed. Anyway, last week, Jeff dug out the baby Yankees cap that used to be Ian's and put it on her. She wouldn't put it on at first, but then he put on his cap and she quickly became eager to put on hers. Here's the newest Yankee fan in our house:


You can also see how she and Ian brush their teeth together. Sometimes Lia actually brushes her teeth instead of just sucking off the grape-flavored toothpaste from the toothbrush.

No comments: