Lia's vocabulary has expanded to say "I love you". It's getting clearer every day. "I ya you" is pretty much how it sounds. Tonight, when I turned out the light after reading and she had her puppy blankies hugged up tight against her and she snuggled into me, she sighed, "I ya you." These are the types of moments that just melt my heart. She is such a sweet girl -- always hugging and kissing us for no reason at all.
But then there is the spawn of the devil that appears when we try to brush her hair or get her dressed or do anything else that is not agreeable to her at that exact moment. Last Sunday, I went in to get her in the morning and this is what I found:
I always try to tie her hair back when she goes to bed because otherwise it is just a rat's nest in the morning and there's even more screaming as one of us tries to brush them out. The pigtails usually do not stay completely intact and appear something like what was in those photos, but the tangles are minimal.
I think I stretched out the top of that outfit when I had to take it off her by pulling it down past her diaper instead of up over her head. But she was drinking her milk and if you try to interfere with that, the screaming can be painful. So out of fear and a sense of self-preservation, I removed the outfit from top to bottom and stretched it to the point of no return. And then somehow she managed to wiggle one arm out of it. I suppose if I had waited any longer to go in there, she might have had the whole outfit off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment