Friday, September 19, 2008

Lia eating -- and her first taste of meat

On Sunday, Lia and I went downstairs after she had a bottle and did her business to have cereal and fruit. Then Ian woke up and I went up to check on him and while I was up there, I set her fruit down on the far side of the high chair table. I underestimated her reach (yet again) and this is what I found when I came back downstairs:



I had to keep her contained in the high chair while I tended to Ian, so she kept busy making faces:


Can you see her bottom teeth in this picture? It's hard to get a shot of the top teeth (and there may be another one breaking through).


And this is what she usually does when we let her have freedom to roam:


And here she is caught playing with Ge Ge's toy:

Click here to see the brief video (very very brief) of Lia eating meat for the first time (Earth's Best Vegetable Turkey Dinner):

I decided to start her off on a meat and veggie mix because I remember Ian's reaction to straight-up meat was not exactly positive. Still, he ate everything we put in his mouth. Lia seems to be a bit more particular. (Although I'm told she's been picking scraps off the floor at daycare and shoving them in her mouth, like some kid's quesadilla.)

Anyway, she LOVED it! She couldn't get enough of it. Or maybe she was just really hungry because we hadn't fed her for a while...

1 comment:

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.