Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Everybody loves Lia
Almost all of the teachers at school have individually confided in me that they love Lia. Kelli, who babysat for us on Labor Day, is the Butterflies teacher (18 mos-3 years) and she said all the non-Sunbeams (6 weeks-18 mos) teachers have a baby that they love and that she considered Lia "her baby". Gina, Ian's Little Explorers teacher, loves to roughhouse with Lia, tossing her up and down, tickling her -- and Lia loves it. Roslyn, the director, said to me yesterday, "Lia cried for me today! I know I shouldn't get all excited about that and I have to treat all the babies the same, but I just love it! She followed me with her eyes as I walked around the room and cried at me until I picked her up." (Oh, yes, Lia is a master manipulator.) Kateria, the new Sunbeams teacher who has her own 16 month old daughter tells me every time I see her (i.e., every day) that she loves holding Lia because she's so cuddly. She apologized last week for spoiling Lia because all the teachers want their turn holding her. It's true. Lia is a very snuggly, cuddly girl. She just melts into your arms and tucks her head on your shoulder. It's the best feeling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the look on Lia's face when she's playing with Ian's toys. What a faux "Oops, am I not supposed to be doing this?" look!
Post a Comment