So whenever I put Lia to bed, she likes to be held and walked around. She will throw herself back off of me and thrash around. I realized the other night that merely standing up and holding her wasn't enough for her. She wanted me to walk around as well. On Friday night, I tried putting her down before she fell asleep. I let her cry and I went off to take a shower. I got out of the shower and it seemed to be quiet. But then she started screaming again. And it wasn't just tired screaming, it was REALLY PISSED OFF screaming. So I took my time, got dressed, hoping she would calm down. Nope. Got more and more PISSED OFF. I had to go in and pick her up and she calmed down, but she hiccuped pathetically for at least 15 minutes afterwards. Just when I thought she had fallen asleep, I'd get another big gasp of breath and an exhale. So pathetic. When I finally got her settled, I came out and Jeff sheepishly confessed to going in while she was crying to give her a kiss goodnight. He PICKED HER UP TO KISS HER and then PUT HER BACK DOWN. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH! No wonder why she was so pissed off.
Then on Saturday, she was crawling around and I realized that she can get herself pretty high off the ground. Last Friday she started getting up on all fours and rocking, so she's getting stronger every day. She can actually pull herself up so that her entire torso no longer touches the ground, just legs from the thighs down. It's pretty amazing to see. The problem is she can't hold it that long and then she lets herself fall back down and sometimes she bonks her head on the door, drawer, cabinet, whatever it is she's been holding onto. I was afraid she'd poke her eye out on one of the cabinet handles in the kitchen. As a result, we decided to lower the mattress in her crib. Jeff moved it down to the lowest setting yesterday.
Last night, she was pretty tired by around 7:00 pm. She had taken a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day, so she had been awake for quite a while. She was out cold by 7:15. This morning, she didn't wake up until 7:15! Her passing out so quickly didn't give me enough time to try putting her down in her crib while she was still slightly awake. So tonight, I tried it. Oh, she was not happy that I had put her down. The dramatics. The screaming. The hanging on the crib bumper. (She spins herself around so that she is perpindicular to the crib rail and then tries to pull up on the rail.) I just left the room and shut the door. I went to my bathroom and I thought to myself, I'll just go to the bathroom and see if she's quiet by the time I come out. She was still screaming, but intermittently. Jeff came up and we stood there holding our breath. Silence. Just gathering steam for another round? Still silent. Hmmm.... We waited a few more seconds before declaring victory. Woo hoo!!! So let's not jinx it. Pretend I never said anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment