Friday, August 15, 2008

7 month Check-up!

Yesterday afternoon, Ian and I took Lia for her 7-month check-up,* which included 2 more shots. She napped on the way over from school. We got there late because of the traffic (rain+early rush hour = crazy drivers+traffic), but the doctor was kind enough to see us (the alternative would be for me to throw a fit right there in the waiting room and then let Lia loose on them with her "I'm tired" screams).

Anyway, she is now (drum roll, please...)


28.5 inches long!
and weighs 18 lbs, 4 oz!

With a head circumference of 17.5 inches!!! So she is still in the 90th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. But hey, that's not bad for 3 weeks. She grew an inch and gained 1.5 lbs. At this rate, she'll be taller than me by the time she's 3 years old...

She showed the doctor how well she could sit up, how well she could grab at things like the doctor's pen while she was trying to write, and how well she could dissolve the paper liner on the examining table with her saliva and ingest a piece. I took out most of it, but she managed to swallow a small bit. Doctor and I were on the same page with that. We laughed and she said, "Don't worry, it'll all come out in the end!" (She has an 8-month old daughter.) She got another Prevnar and another HIB, so one in each thigh. Oh, how she screamed! But as soon as I turned her around and held her, she stopped. We went home and she downed 12 ounces of formula, about 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and some sweet potatoes before bedtime.


*Sunday, August 17: Poor second child. After I posted this originally as her 8-month check-up, my mom had to email me to remind me that this was Lia's 7-month check-up, not her 8-month check-up! I was so used to Ian's age corresponding to the month that I totally zoned and did the same for Lia.

No comments: