So last night started off as a good night. Lia was asleep by 8:00 pm (she napped in the car and let me eat dinner before waking up). I had just fed her a bottle and was rocking her a little, when I heard Ian in the bathroom with our housekeeper. So I put her down and went to see what was going on. Ian didn't make it to the bathroom in time (he was too busy drawing) and suffice it to say that I had to throw away one pair of irretrievably soiled Cars underpants and hose him down. I had Ian in bed and done with reading, etc., by 9:00. I got some work done, made their lunches and settled in to watch "The Daily Show" and bed.
Just before 11:30, I heard her screaming. A different scream than usual. Very panicky. I ran in and picked her up in the dark and she was sopping wet from head to toe. She had vomited all over herself. It was all in her hair, her face, her nose, her mouth. Poor girl. I stripped her down and threw her in the bath. She was very good in the bath and while I dressed her and changed her sheets. I held her until she fell asleep, which was almost instantly, but she was very restless. After she seemed to have calmed down, I waited until around midnight before making my move to put her down. I stood up and she starting writhing again and then the poor baby vomited on me. She cried and was so upset. It wasn't much, but it was in her mouth and she didn't like it. I cleaned her up, but she continued to have dry heaves for a couple of seconds. I held her face-down to get it out, but not much more came out. I wiped her face and then she passed out on me. I held her for a while longer and then I thought I heard Ian (false alarm), so I put her in her crib. I turned the monitor on and waited until 1:30 before going to sleep. I slept with the monitor on, but I didn't hear a peep until about 5:45. She took her bottle this morning and was all smiles. I told Ms. Mitzie about it when I got to school and she said that a couple of the other babies had had the same thing recently -- just vomiting, no other symptoms. I hope that's the end of it for Lia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment