We went apple picking with Wai Po, Kai-Yi Po and Kai-Yi Gong over Columbus Day weekend (I know, it was AGES ago). We drove about an hour and a half north to New Paltz, NY. It was Lia's first apple picking excursion and she LOVED munching on her own apple. I didn't think she would actually get anything out of it, but she bit through the apple peel and was working diligently on it. She protested when we took it away from her, but was satisfied when she was given a slice to gnaw on. I never have to worry about her choking because she NEVER swallows any lumps. Spits them right out. Which made for a bit of a mess, but thank goodness for Bumkins bibs.
She also wanted a piece of Wai Po's apple cider donut, but she's still not ready for deep fried dough coated in sugar.
The weather was unseasonably warm, bordering on hot and the view was really beautiful, with all of the fall colors on display.
Enjoy the photos (click on any picture to go directly to the album)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment