Thursday, June 5, 2008

The girl gets around...

The teachers were surprised that Lia can roll over. I forgot to mention it to them. She rolls and rolls or she pushes herself forward on her belly with her VERY strong legs to get a toy or whatever. Vanessa (one of her "teachers") is convinced that she will be crawling soon. She said that she put Lia on the mat yesterday and before she knew it, Lia was across the room. Gotta keep an eye on that girl. Lia's neck has been strong since day 1 and she's been able to hold her head up straight since like February or March. I guess that's unusual since a baby info website said that now is about the time baby should be able to hold her head upright when sitting up.

And the girl sleeps like the dead. As Jeff put it, we could bounce her on her crib mattress and she would sleep through it. She doesn't sleep all that well during the day at school right now (Little Miss requires quiet and darkness, just like her Daddy), but at night it's like "WAH! I'm tired! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..." Last night, she went down by 8:30, which was great because Jeff got stuck in DC due to weather and I had to go put Ian to bed. She woke up just before 6 this morning, then passed out as soon as she started eating (ah, to be able to eat and sleep simultaneously!), and I had to force her to eat again at 7:30 and then wake her up at 8:15!

No comments: