The jury is still out on whether or not Montessori is the right environment for Lia, but she officially started last week. I really miss our previous school. The Montessori is so... quiet. And Lia is so... not quiet. On the whole, though, she has adjusted well and I think she only cries when I'm there to make me feel guilty and horrible. On the up side, she has really taken a liking to our new babysitter, Cynthia. Cynthia picks her up from school at 3:00 and takes her to her house, then Ian's bus drops him off around 3:45-4:00. Cynthia has a miniature poodle puppy named Reeses and there is also cat named Kitty. Cynthia has a daughter in junior high and there is also a 5th grader named Amanda (it's her parents' house) and her older brother Chris, who is a high school senior. A 2 year-old boy named Ryan spends the day with Cynthia as well, so it can be pretty crazy there, but that's how the kids like it. So I think there's a balance between the highly-structured and sedate day at school and fun of Cynthia's house.
Lia loves the dog, but is afraid of it and HATES it when Reeses comes towards her and tries to jump on her. But she's getting used to it and she calls her "Reese Reese". I think Lia likes the cat because the cat NEVER comes towards her and only moves away, so Lia can go running after her. Amanda is a very sweet girl who loves Lia. She is great with the kids and plays with both Lia and Ian. Amanda goes to the same school as Lia, but is at the primary school building.
So, as we start the first full week with the new schedule, I'm getting more comfortable and Lia seems to be as well. I have pictures and will post soon, but it's just been a juggling act trying to figure out our new routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment